This healthy, flavorful salad comes together so quickly and easily, and it is guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family!
This BBQ Chicken Salad is one of the BEST salads ever! Grilled BBQ Chicken is tossed with crunchy apples, oranges, sharp red onions, salad leaves, honey and orange juice.
Barbeque Chicken SaladCourse: MainCuisine: GreekDifficulty: Easy
It is the perfect meal to enjoy–and this homemade version is much tastier and less expensive than any BBQ Chicken Salad.
- For the chicken
Boneless Chicken – 200 gms, cut into thin strips
Barbeque Sauce – 2-3 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
- For the dressing
Orange Juice – ¼ cup
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
- For the salad
Onion – 1 small, sliced thin
Mixed Salad Leaves – Lettuce, Rocket Leaves, Kale Leaves
Apple – ½, cut into thin slices
Orange – ½, skin removed and cut into wedges
Walnuts or Almonds – a few, chopped
- Add the barbeque sauce to the chicken pieces and then saute it in a little oil on medium to high heat till the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the orange juice, olive oil, honey and red chilli sauce.
- In another bowl, add some water and the sliced onions to it.
- Rub the onions in the water and then squeeze out all the water and keep the onion slices aside.
- This helps in removing the sting from the onion and makes it milder for the salad.
- Keep this aside. In a salad serving bowl or plate, add the salad greens, apple, orange, onion and walnuts or almonds.
- Pour the salad dressing on this and serve.