Chocolate peanut butter bars are thick, rich, and decadent. Made from simple ingredients, these are a delicious treat anytime of the year.
Chocolate peanut butter bars combine an alluring flavor combination that we all love: chocolate and peanut butter. In this easy dessert, velvety smooth chocolate sits on top of a thick layer of peanut buttery goodness. The peanut butter layer tastes remarkably similar to the center of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. I would say that this is our own home made Reese’s Chocolate..:)
Chocolate Peanut Butter BarsCourse: DessertCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
These chocolate peanut butter bars taste just like peanut butter cups.
- For the base
Unsalted Butter – 100 gms, melted
Creamy Peanut Butter – ¾ cup
Digestive Biscuits, powdered – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – ¾-1 cup (adjust as per taste)
Salt – 1/8-1/4 tsp
- For the topping
Dark Cooking Chocolate – 150 gms, chopped
Creamy Peanut Butter – 2 tbsp
- Line a 7- or 8-inch square tin with parchment paper, leaving overhangs on all sides.
- Mix together the melted butter and peanut butter till it is blended well.
- To this, add the digestive biscuits, powdered sugar and salt and mix well.
- Press this evenly into the lined tin and keep it in the refrigerator.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together the dark chocolate and peanut butter and melt it in the microwave in 10-15s bursts till the chocolate is fully melted and mixed with the peanut butter.
- Alternatively, you can also do this on the stove in a water bath.
- Pour this chocolate-peanut butter mixture evenly on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Cover it and refrigerate for a couple of hours till both layers are set.
- To cut into desired shape without breaking the chocolate layer, use a knife dipped in hot water and wiped.
- These bars can be kept refrigerated for at least a week.
- They can be frozen as well and then thawed in the refrigerator when needed.