Rum balls are the perfect adult indulgence. These sweet and chewy no-bake cookies, or should I say candies, are a mixture of leftover cake, cocoa powder, sugar, rum and more.
This delicious smooth confection is an impressive dessert for the holidays. These are wonderful for parties, and perfect as holiday gifts to your loved ones. And if you would like to make it for kids, you can always replace the rum with some orange juice!
Rum BallsCourse: Dessert, SidesCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Very Easy
Decadent, chocolatey, rum-soaked cake pops that are perfect for the holidays and require no baking.
Leftover Cake (Vanilla or Fruit Cake) – 200 gms, broken into pieces
Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup
Powdered Sugar – ¼ cup
Cashews – 2 tbsp, chopped
Raisins – 2 tbsp, chopped
Rum – 2 tbsp
Dark Chocolate – 100-150 gms , chopped
White Chocolate – melted, for piping (optional)
- Add the cake, cocoa powder and sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Alternately, you can blitz it together in a mixer jar too.
- To this, add the cashews, raisins and rum and mix well to form a dough.
- Divide it into small portions and refrigerate it for sometime if you can’t make small balls from it immediately.
- Shape it into smooth balls and refrigerate them while you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces so that it melts evenly and quickly.
- Dip the rum balls into the chocolate one by one and coat it properly with the melted chocolate.
- Place it on a wire rack for excess chocolate to drip off or place it in small paper cups.
- Drizzle some melted white chocolate on the rum balls if you wish and serve.