Nothing beats this one-pot creamy chicken and rice recipe when it comes to convenience or comfort. If you could have a no-hassle garlicky, delicious chicken and rice dish on the table in less than 30 minutes with only one pot to clean, why wouldn’t you?
This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover rice and create something totally yummy out of it. I love this when the weather is a little chilly and I am in no mood to cook an elaborate meal and cravy for something that is warm and comforting. This bowl of creamy garlic chicken rice is just that! And the best part is that I can customize it with whatever veggies or meat I have at hand!
Creamy Garlic Chicken RiceCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This kid-friendly lunch/dinner recipe is so easy and adaptable to your family’s tastes. Customize with your favorite herbs, seasonings and veggies!
- For Marination
Boneless Chicken – 250 gms, cubed or cut into strips
Garlic Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Other Ingredients
Butter – 1-2 tbsp
Garlic – 7-8 cloves, finely chopped
Onion – 1 small, chopped
Bell Pepper – ½ piece, chopped
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Salt – ½ tsp (adjust as per taste)
Fresh Cream – ¼ cup
Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to the chicken pieces and mix it well.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the garlic and fry it till it turns fragrant and starts changing color.
- Next, add the onion and bell pepper to this and saute on high flame till the onion turns translucent.
- To this, add the marinated chicken pieces and continue to saute on high flame till the chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Add the rice and salt to this and mix well.
- To this, add the cream and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with any side dish of your choice.