Enjoyed best with a hot cup of tea and oh so spongy, melt-in-your-mouth Ghee Cake. This cake has been an absolute delight, enjoyed by one and all. It is a no-nonsense basic sponge baked with the rich flavour of ghee and an absolute treat to the taste buds.
I had ghee cake the first time from Cochin Bakery and just fell in love with this aromatic and flavourful cake. Since then have tried to recreate the same and have finally come up with this recipe which we all love. Anyone who has had it couldn’t stop with just one!
Ghee CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This is my attempt at recreating one of my absolute tea-time indulgence. Super simple to bake. A super soft, aromatic cake.
Ghee – ½ cup (in semi-solid state)
Fine/Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Eggs – 2
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Flour – ¾ cup
Baking Powder – ½ tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Grease and line your cake tin and keep it ready.
- like to bake this in a loaf tin.
- Also, preheat the oven at 175C for 10-15 min.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the ghee till it turns pale and soft.
- To this, add the sugar and whisk again.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence and whisk till everything is well combined.
- To this, add the dry ingredients and fold it well.
- Transfer the batter into your cake and bake it at 175C for about 40 min till top looks done and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down before slicing it.