This is one of the trending food items which emerged during the 2020 lockdown along with Dalgona Coffee. Making pancakes is simple, but making pancake cereals definitely needs some amount of patience. But then, if you have fussy eaters at home, then this could be a way to make breakfast more interesting for them. This recipe of pancakes that I have shared here today is a very healthy option without any refined flour or sugar. So if making these as regular pancakes doesn’t make it appealing for your fussy eater(s), then serving them as a cereal might just do the trick!
This healthy breakfast recipe was shared by Dr. Varuna Roa, who has a PhD in Food Science and Nutrition, and over 13 years of experience in the field – specializing in target group-based nutrition campaigns, content creation, new product development, consumer insight, menu planning, awareness workshops, wellness related expertise and helps individuals and corporates, embrace healthy regimes. She has been kind enough to share some of her recipes with me to present to all of you as part of the Tuesday Health Series on my channel.
Strawberry Oats Pancake CerealCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
A healthy pancake recipe with no added sugar.
Strawberry – 200 gms, roughly chopped
Eggs – 2
Rolled Oats – 3/4 cup (slightly toasted)
Salt – a pinch
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Almonds – 6
Step by Step Process
- In a blender jar, combine the strawberries, eggs, oats, salt, baking powder and almonds.
- Allow to blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the batter stand for 10-20 minutes so that it thickens a little.
- If you are making tiny pancakes for pancake cereal, then sieve the batter once so that it is easy to pipe.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag or a squeezy sauce bottle.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Pipe tiny circles of the batter onto the pan and let it cook covered for a few minutes.
- Flip them over once the top looks done to cook it fully and then transfer to a bowl.
- Serve with milk and some fresh fruits as a breakfast cereal.
- Since we have not added any sweetener in the recipe, you can also add some honey or maple syrup while serving.