Wondering what this is?? Well, yeah this is the ultimate omelette that you can have. It is loaded with nutrients you will need and pair it with a slice or two or whole grain bread or protein cake and you have a perfectly balanced start to your day! I really enjoyed making this with Parina and this has now also become a regular breakfast option for me and Jayesh..:)
This recipe has been shared by Parina, founder of Neiki.in. She certified in Personal Training from National Academy of Sports Medicine. With the the motto ‘Give More. Get More’, she designed NEIKI, her fitness program, wherein she strives to reduce injury risk and prepare our bodies to bear the impact they need to. On this excursion, her endeavour is to help people stand upright – physically and mentally.
It is not just recipes that Parina is sharing with us – it is a lot of other information too. Head over to my YouTube channel to see all that we discuss around food and nutrition! Cheers to a balanced and healthy start to 2021..:)
The Ultimate OmeletteCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
A healthy, balanced and delicious start to your day!
Coconut Oil – 2 gms
Chopped Shallot – 1, sliced
Chopped Tomato – 1, diced
Bell Peppers – 3 tbsp, diced
Spinach – a handful, chopped
Sliced Mushroom – 2-3, sliced
Shredded Chicken – 40 gms
Sliced sausage – 20 gms (as per preference), chopped
Salt – as per taste
Pepper – as per taste
Egg – 1
Egg Whites – from 2 eggs
Grated Mozarella Cheese – 15 gms
Chopped Coriander – for garnishing
Chilli Flakes – ¼ tsp
Step by Step Process
- Heat a pan and add the oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shallot and cook till it turns light pink.
- To this add the tomato and bell pepper and saute for 2 min.
- Next, add the spinach and cook for a min.
- Add the mushroom, shredded chicken and sausage pieces to this and cook for on high flame for another 2 min.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Beat together the egg and egg whites and add this to the pan. And give it a quick stir.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, turn to heat to low and cover and cook for a couple of min till the top looks done.
- Top with chopped coriander leaves and chilli flakes.
- Serve hot with the bread of your choice. The protein cake is also a great accompaniment with this omelette. You can toast it lightly and have it.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories214
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 33g 66%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.