The dressing and the topping is as important as the main ingredients for any recipe. They enhance the flavours used and adds that “oomph” factor to your recipe. If you are looking for a sauce to drizzle over puddings or cakes, then this recipe will be perfect. The hint of vanilla in this just lifts up other flavours too. I love this sauce with tarts, crumbles, puddings, cakes and even ice-creams. I usually make double the quantity and refrigerate and keep it and use it as and when I need it. I have kept this refrigerated for upto two weeks without any issues. Learn how to make Vanilla sauce for cakes and puddings, just in time for the festival season. Keep it ready and store away in the fridge, just to be used with that Christmas special pudding or tart without the hassle of making it again and again. Try this Vanilla Sauce with my Apple Crumble recipe and you would be amazed at how a sauce can the lift the flavours of a dish so well!
Vanilla SauceCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Learn how to make Vanilla sauce for cakes and puddings, just in time for the festival season. Keep it ready and store away in the fridge, just to be used with that Christmas special pudding or tart without the hassle of making it again and again.
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Cream – 4 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
- Boil milk in a sauce pan. While the milk comes to a boil, mix together the sugar and cornstarch in another bowl.
- Once the milk starts boiling, add the sugar and cornflour mix to it and stir continuously till it starts to thicken.
- Once the sauce thickens, but still has a flowing consistency, turn off the heat.
- Next, add the butter, cream, vanilla essence and salt to it and mix well.
- Your Vanilla Sauce is ready. It goes really well with puddings, cakes and tarts.
[…] simple dish can be easily made by anyone. And the best part is to serve it with this homemade Vanilla Sauce. And if you feel like indulging further, go ahead and warm up a bowl of apple crumble and top it up […]