When you have fresh basil at home, you ought to make a pesto from it. Basil pesto can be used by just smearing it on a bread as a sandwich, added to some veggies in a salad, added to pasta or even into your bread dough to make a pesto bread. It usually has added parmesan cheese to it, however in this recipe, I am am skipping the cheese. Also, I have used roasted walnuts instead of pine nuts in this. If you have fresh basil leaves, then this recipe can be made with ingredients you will have readily available in your pantry.
Looking for more quick and easy dips, mixes and sauces?? Check this out!
- Fresh Basil leaves – 1 cup
- Walnuts/Pine Nuts – 3 tbsp (slightly roasted)
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/4-1/2 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- Salt – 1/8-1/4 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- Pepper – as per taste (optional)
- Chilli flakes – as per taste (optional)
Step by Step Process
- Blend together the basil leaves, walnuts and garlic in a blender.
- Once almost blended, add half of the oil, lemon juice and salt and blend till smooth.
- Add a pinch of pepper and chilli flakes.
- Finally mix in the remaining oil and it is ready to be used.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!