Sugar Free Dates is an easy sweet prepared using dates. Dates are naturally sweet and laden with nutrients. But if you are diabetic, these are allowed only in limited quantities. Hence, this sweet is also shaped into small balls so that it helps you satisfy your sweet cravings and prevents you from eating large portions at a time. Though dates are sweet, they are any day better than other sugar-laden sweets.
This recipe was shared by Anupama Menon (Food Coach and Nutritionist) and her team at Right Living, which is a health solutions firm based in Bangalore. You can get in touch with Anupama for your corporate as well as personal health goals through her Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/iamanupamamenon
Few things to keep in mind
- Dates: I am using black dates here which are generally soft and cook fast.
- Poppy Seeds and Nuts: Poppy seeds and nuts add a nice crunch to this sweet. They are also a good source of calcium and proteins.
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Black Dates – ½ cup, deseeded and finely chopped
- Almonds – ½ tbsp, chopped
- Walnuts – ½ tbsp, chopped
- Poppy seeds – for coating
Step by Step Process
- Heat ghee in a small non stick pan and add the dates. Cook it on low flame, stirring continuously for about 5-7 min till it turns into a soft lump.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped almonds and walnuts and mix well.
- Let it cool down a little. Shape the dough into small balls and roll it in poppy seeds.