Generally juices and smoothies are not recommended for diabetic patients. They are recommended to eat fruits as a whole rather than pureeing or juicing them. However, this recipe of apple and pomegranate juice can be had by diabetic patients as other than the apple seeds and pomegranate skin, no other part of both the fruits is discarded. So it is as good as having the fruit as a whole!
And did I say that this is a really tasty juice so you needn’t be diabetic to have this..:) It is a healthy juice for kids too with no added sugar and since it has a lot of fibre in it, it is quite filling too!
The recipe for this healthy juice shared by Anupama Menon (Food Coach and Nutritionist) and her team at Right Living, which is a health solutions firm based in Bangalore. You can get in touch with Anupama for your corporate as well as personal health goals through her instagram page https://www.instagram.com/iamanupamamenon.
Few things to keep in mind
- Fibre content: This juice has a good amount of fibre, hence it is important to keep the juice coarse and avoid straining it.
- Glycemic Index: Both apples and pomegranates have a low glycemic index. It means that the break down and absorption will be slower and it will reduce the release of glucose.
- Red Apple – 1, deseeded and roughly chopped
- Pomegranate – ½ cup
- Black Salt – as per taste
- Pepper Powder – as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
Step by Step Process
- In a blender jar, add the apple pieces and pomegranate and blend well. Add water if needed.
- Add the salt and pepper, as per taste and blend once more.
- Drink it without straining so that the fibre is not lost.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!