This peanut sauce is a quick dip that you can make to pair perfectly with satays. It goes beautifully well with south-east asian flavoured grills too. You just need to put all the ingredients together into your mixer jar and grind it to a fine paste and your dip is ready!
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Coconut Milk – ¼ cup
- Lime Juice – 1-1.5 tbsp (can be adjusted as per taste)
- Soya Sauce – 1.5 tbsp
- Fish Sauce – ½ – 1 tbsp (can be adjusted as per taste)
- Hot Sauce – ½ tbsp
- Minced Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Minced Garlic – 2 cloves
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – ½ – 1 tsp
- Water – 2-3 tbsp, if required to grind
Step by Step Process
- Add all the ingredients to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste. Add more fish sauce or soya sauce to adjust for salt, more lime juice for sourness and more hot sauce for spiciness.
- You can add a little water to help grind it well and also to adjust the consistency if you don’t prefer a thick paste like dip.
- This is good dip to serve along with satays.
[…] Sauce is a great accompaniment with rolls and satay. I have already shared the recipe for a peanut sauce on my blog earlier. But if you are looking for a really quick recipe which doesn’t need any […]
[…] have shared two recipes for peanut sauce earlier- so you can make either this slightly elaborate peanut sauce or make this quick 5-ingredient peanut sauce as a dip to go along with these spring […]