This onion chutney is what I have always been used to having with boiled tapioca, yam and sweet potatoes. It has a spicy and tangy taste to it with a hint of sweetness. Since it is very easy to make, it does make a quick meal option is you have some boiled sweet potatoes, yam or tapioca.
- Onion – 2 medium, thinly sliced
- Salt – ½ tsp, adjust as per taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – 1–2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil
Step by Step Process
- Heat a little coconut oil in a kadai/pan and fry the onions with the salt till golden brown.
- Add the red chilli powder and saute for about a minute till the raw smell is no longer there.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and water and stir.
- Adjust the salt, sugar or vinegar as per taste.
- Add some water to make it to a thick paste like consistency.
- This chutney goes well with steamed tapioca or sweet potato.