Who doesn’t like a fresh and refreshing juice? And if it has multiple health benefits and no added sugar to it, then it does make it more interesting..:) This watermelon and apple juice has ingredients which help in building our immunity. You just need to add all the ingredients together into blender, strain and drink it fresh.
The recipe for this juice was shared by Anupama Menon (Food Coach and Nutritionist) and her team at Right Living, which is a health solutions firm based in Bangalore. You can get in touch with Anupama for your corporate as well as personal health goals through her instagram page https://www.instagram.com/iamanupamamenon.
Few things to keep in mind
- Watermelon: Watermelon is a rich source of Vitamin A and C along with a very strong anti-oxidant called lycopene. The riper a watermelon gets, the more bright it becomes, thereby increasing lycopene production. It also contains amino acids that help in protein synthesis.
- Apple: Apples are rich in Vitamin C and polyphenols (which are anti-inflammatory components), thereby directly improving immunity.
- Mint Leaves and Lemon: Mint leaves and lemon not just flavour this juice, but are also rich in Vitamin C.
- Ginger: A small amount of ginger is also added to this juice as it is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
- Watermelon – One kg, approximately (weight including skin)
- Apple – 1
- Mint leaves – a few
- Ginger – ¼ inch piece, chopped
- Lemon juice – adjust as per taste
- Salt – adjust as per taste
Step by Step Process
- Remove the skin and chop the watermelon roughly.
- Remove the skin and core from the apple and chop it roughly.
- Put the fruits in a blender together with the mint leaves, ginger, lemon juice and salt.
- Strain the juice and consume immediately.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!