Whether you’re a dedicated vegetarian or simply seeking a delicious way to incorporate more greens into your diet, Spinach Patties are a savory solution that promises to leave you craving more. You can make this as an evening snack or serve it as a starter. It has a very soft, melt-in-the-mouth kind of texture and is packed with flavours. Serve it as-is or with tomato ketchup, green chutney or mayonnaise.
Spinach, with its vibrant green hues and nutrient-packed profile, has always been celebrated as a nutritional powerhouse. Spinach Patty is a delectable medley of blanched and pureed spinach, aromatic herbs, flavorful spices and binding ingredients – all combined to form a vibrant mixture, which is then shaped into patties and pan-fried to golden perfection. If you have run out of some of the spices mentioned in this recipe, you can always replace it with something else that you prefer. The flavours can be customized to your taste, and this recipe is quite forgiving!
These Spinach Patties can be a welcome addition to brunches, lunches or as a delightful snack. Try this out!
Spinach PattiesCourse: Snacks and SavouriesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A healthy snack!
Spinach – 1 bunch, blanched and drained
Green Chilli – 1
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Ginger – 1/2-inch piece
Potato – 2-3 medium size, boiled and mashed
Salt – as per taste
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur Powder – 1/2 tsp
Bread Crumbs – 1/2-3/4 cup, as needed for binding
- Add blanched spinach, green chilli, garlic and ginger to the mixie jar and blend it well without adding any water.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add boiled and mashed potatoes, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and amchur powder. Mix this well.
- To this, add bread crumbs to that the mix comes together and binds together. Shape into patties.
- Heat some oil in a pan and pan fry these spinach patties till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with any dip of your choice.