Imagine a loaf of bread that’s not just a staple for your morning toast, but a heavenly treat that combines the rich sweetness of dates with the earthy crunch of walnuts. The Date and Walnut Loaf is a delightful creation that effortlessly marries these two flavors into a perfect harmony. At its core, the Date and Walnut Loaf is a type of bread, but it’s not your ordinary loaf. It’s a moist, dense, and slightly sticky creation that’s bursting with the natural goodness of wholesome ingredients.
Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as a delightful dessert, the Date and Walnut Loaf is a versatile treat. Toast it and spread a bit of butter for a simple yet decadent start to your day, or pair it with a cup of tea or coffee for a cozy afternoon break. It’s the kind of loaf that makes any moment special. Each bite is a delightful dance between the chewiness of dates and the crunchiness of walnuts.
The Date and Walnut Loaf is more than just bread; it’s a celebration of flavors and textures. It’s a wholesome, satisfying treat that brings together the sweetness of dates, the crunch of walnuts, and the comfort of a perfectly baked loaf. So, the next time you’re craving something special, reach for a slice of this delightful creation and let its goodness envelop your senses.
Date And Walnut LoafCourse: CakesDifficulty: Easy
Dates – 100 gms, pitted and chopped
Butter – 50 gms, cubed
Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
Hot Water – ¼ cup
Castor/Brown Sugar – ½ cup
Egg – 1
All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – ¾ tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Walnuts – ½ cup, roughly chopped
- Add dates, butter and baking soda into a bowl and add the hot water on top of it. Mix well and keep it aside for 10 min for the dates to soften.
- Add sugar and egg to this and whisk well till combined.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and about 3/4th quantity of walnuts together and fold it into the batter.
- Transfer this to a lined loaf tin and top it up with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 180C in a preheated oven for about 35-40 min till the cake is done and a skewer inserted comes out clean.