Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a delightful treat that combines the rich flavor of chocolate with a unique crinkled appearance, making them a favorite among cookie enthusiasts of all ages. These cookies are a perfect blend of chewy and fudgy textures, creating a mouthwatering experience with every bite. At first glance, chocolate crinkle cookies may look like they’ve been dusted with powdered sugar, giving them a distinctive cracked or crinkled appearance. This signature look is achieved during the baking process when the cookie dough expands, causing the outer layer to crack open, revealing a soft and gooey interior.
The versatility of Chocolate Crinkle Cookies makes them a popular choice for various occasions. Whether served at holiday gatherings, shared during a cozy family evening, or given as a thoughtful gift, these cookies are sure to bring joy to those who indulge in their deliciousness. Their timeless appeal also makes them a classic choice for cookie exchanges, bake sales, or any event where a delightful chocolatey treat is welcomed. The main ingredient that gives these cookies their irresistible chocolatey taste is cocoa powder. One of the secrets to the chewy and fudgy texture of chocolate crinkle cookies lies in their composition. The recipe typically includes ingredients like butter, sugar, eggs, and flour, all of which contribute to the cookie’s soft and moist consistency. The combination of these ingredients, along with the cocoa powder, results in a dough that is both easy to handle and perfect for achieving the crinkled effect.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a scrumptious delight for chocolate lovers everywhere. Their unique appearance, rich cocoa flavor, and chewy texture make them a standout among cookie options.
Chocolate Crinkle CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A perfect holiday time cookie recipe!
All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Castor Sugar – 6 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup, sifted
Instant Coffee Powder – 1/4 tsp
Egg – 1
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Into a bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Into another bowl, add castor sugar, oil, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder, egg and vanilla essence. Whisk this all till well combined.
- Add the flour mix to this and mix well. The batter will be a little runny. Cover and keep this refrigerated overnight or for 10-12 hours.
- Preheat the oven for 10 min at 180C.
- Using a tablespoon measure or a spoon, scoop out small portions of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll this in the powdered sugar and place it on a lined baking tray.
- Once the cookies are all coated with sugar, roll them once again in sugar.
- Bake at 180C in the preheated oven for 10-12 min. The cookies will look really soft when hot but will harden a little as they cool.
- These cookies have a texture like that of brownies. This recipe can make 10-12 cookies.