Traditionally pancakes are made with flour. But how about skipping the flour and making pancakes using potatoes. If you love potatoes, then this is a dish you will surely love. You do not need many ingredients to make and you can add seasonings as per flavours of your choice.
The mix for potato pancakes is just potatoes, oil and seasonings. It can be made plain and simple with just salt and pepper or can be made into a flavour bomb too. However you make, I am sure this will be a hit.
Potato PancakesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
Easy to make pancake recipe without any added flour
Potato – 3 medium, peeled
Oil – 2-3 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
Onion Powder – ½ tsp
Garlic Powder – ½ tsp
Italian Seasoning – ½ tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2-3 sprigs, chopped fine
- Peel the potatoes and put them into cold water.
- Add some oil into a bowl and grate the potatoes into this oil. Keep mixing it so that the grated potatoes get coated well with the oil.
- Once all the potatoes are grated, mix it with the oil for a minute or two. If needed, add some more oil.
- To this, add salt, pepper powder, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat a pan and once the pan is hot, add a portion of the potato mix into it and cook it on low to medium heat till it changes color.
- Flip and cook the other side too. Cook both sides to a golden-brown color.
- Transfer it to a plate and repeat it with the remaining potato mix.
- Serve these pancakes with ketchup or any other dip of choice.