If you’re a fan of delicious pastries, then get ready to indulge in a delightful treat. Berry and Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Pinwheels are a mouthwatering combination of flaky puff pastry, sweet and tangy cream cheese filling, and a burst of juicy berries. These pinwheels are not only visually appealing but also incredibly easy to make, making them a perfect choice for any occasion.
The golden, buttery and flaky pastry is filled with a luscious cream cheese mixture that’s perfectly complemented by the vibrant flavors of fresh berries. The crisp exterior gives way to a soft, creamy center that will leave you craving more. Whether you’re planning a brunch, hosting a party, or simply treating yourself to a sweet indulgence, these pinwheels are sure to impress. You can choose from a variety of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or a combination of your favorites. The cream cheese filling adds a velvety richness that pairs wonderfully with the fruity burst of the berries. Plus, the pinwheel shape adds an elegant touch to your presentation.
Not only are these pinwheels a delight to eat, but they’re also a breeze to make. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can create a batch of these delectable pastries in no time. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
Berry And Cream Cheese Puff Pastry PinwheelsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Golden, buttery and flaky pastry with a sweet cream cheese center and berries.
Cream Cheese – 75 gms, soft at room temperature
Castor/Powdered Sugar – 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – ¼ tsp
Puff Pastry Sheet – 1, thawed
Milk – 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar for Sprinkling
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence till smooth.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into squares. Make cuts along the diagonals from all four edges, leaving a gap in the centre.
- Place a blueberry in all four portions. Bring each of the cut ends alternately to the centre and press it.
- Spoon a little of the cream cheese mix in the center and gently press a blueberry or any other berry of your choice on top of it.
- Transfer this to a lined a baking tray.
- Brush all the pieces with some milk and bake this in a preheated oven at 200C for 12-15 min till golden brown and flaky.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the puff pastry pinwheels and enjoy!