Noodles and Fried Rice are a quick and easy to make meal option at home. We can add whatever vegetables we have in our fridge along with some egg or meat too. Mix in some of the sauces and toss in the cooked noodles or rice to make a meal for yourself or for your family. Chicken Schezwan Noodles is one such recipe which you can prepare easily and it makes for a full meal by itself.
Carrots, bell pepper, green beans, cabbage, spring onion, mushrooms – these are some of the vegetables commonly added in noodles and fried rice. You can add all or just a few, depending on what you have with you. Along with this, some scrambled eggs and some meat adds to the flavour too. It is always good to have a few of the chinese sauces in your kitchen pantry. They always come handy in such quick preparations.
The best part about Chinese or Indo-Chinese food is that you cook it on high flame and keep tossing it around. You do not want the vegetables to cook fully and loose their crunchiness, and hence the cooking time is not very high. And that’s why I love making this for the family, as I do not have to spend a long time in the kitchen putting together a full meal!
Chicken Schezwan NoodlesCourse: MainCuisine: Indo-ChineseDifficulty: Easy
A meal that will be loved by kids and adults alike!
- For the egg
Oil – 1 tsp
Egg – 1, whisked
Salt – as per taste
Pepper Powder – 1/8 tsp
- For the noodles
Oil – 2-3 tsp
Garlic – 4-5 cloves, finely chopped
Boneless Chicken – 200 gms, cut into thin strips
Onion – 1 small, thinly sliced
Carrot – 1 small, julienned
Bell Pepper – 1 small, thinly sliced
Cabbage – a small piece, thinly
Schezwan Sauce – 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
White Vinegar – 1 tsp
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Hakka or Egg Noodles – 150 gms, boiled and drained
Spring Onion Greens – a few, chopped
- Whisk an egg along with some salt and pepper.
- Add oil into a wok or kadai and add the whisked egg to it. Scramble it gently and once done, take it off onto a plate or dish.
- Heat some more oil in the same wok or kadai and fry garlic. To this, add the chicken and fry on high flame till almost cooked.
- Add the sliced onion and fry till it is translucent and starts to change color.
- Add carrot, bell pepper and cabbage and cook on high flame for a couple of minutes.
- To this, add schezwan sauce, red chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to this and mix well. Finally, add the scrambled egg and spring onion green and mix. Serve hot.