Rolls are one of my go-to anytime-of-the-day meal option for myself as well as my kids. They prefer taking a roll as lunch to school instead of rotis with a curry. Its easier and so much less messier for them to eat. And to make it interesting, I do make that extra effort to wrap it up too!
This Chatpata Aloo Roll is one of those easy and quick meal options for me. The potato filling can be made ahead and refrigerated. So making these rolls on a busy morning becomes so much more easier. I make the filling slightly tangy and a tad bit spicy, but you can always make changes to the flavours as per your liking.
I have a range of kids friendly recipes posted on my page this month – snacks, sweets and drinks. You can check them out here.
Chatpata Aloo RollCourse: RollsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
An easy anytime-meal option for everyone in the family!
- For the filling
Oil – 2 tsp
Ginger – 1/4-inch piece, finely chopped
Garlic – 3-4, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1 small, chopped
Green Peas – 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
Amchur Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Potato – 2, boiled and mashed
- Other Ingredients
Cooked Chapathi – 2
Tomato Ketchup – 2 tbsp
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
- Add oil to a pan and once it is hot, add ginger, garlic and green chilli and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add tomato and green peas to this and cook till they are cooked.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, chaat masala and salt and mix well. Add the mashed potato to this and cook it together for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep the mix aside to cool down.
- Onto a cooked chapathi, add some tomato ketchup and mayonnaise and spread it around. Place the potato filling in the centre.
- Wrap the roll and cook it on either side for a minute or two, but this step can be skipped. Serve it with some ketchup or chutney.