Cookies are always a welcome treat at my place. Kids love to snack on them in between as well as take it to school for mid-day snack. And bournvita milk has been their favourite morning and evening drink for years now. So I thought of combining one of their favourite flavours into one of the favourite snacks. And that’s how I tried this recipe for Bournvita Cookies.
These eggless bournvita cookies do not take much time to prepare. Before I start making the cookie dough, I turn on the oven for pre-heating. That ways by the time the cookies are shaped, the oven is ready for baking too. If you prefer a stronger taste of bournvita, you can increase the quantity of that and in turn decrease the amount of sugar added. You can make these cookies using all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. Whole wheat flour gives a nuttier taste to the cookies and of course makes it healthier too.
You can make a big batch of these cookies and store it in an airtight container. They are a great mid-day snack for kids as well as will go well your evening cup of tea or coffee.
Bournvita CookiesCourse: SweetsDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy cookie recipe which will be loved by both kids and adults!
Butter – 50 gms, at room temperature
Castor/Powdered Sugar – 2 tbsp
Condensed Milk – 1 tbsp
All-Purpose / Whole Wheat Flour – ¾ cup
Baking Powder – ½ tsp
Bournvita – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1-1.5 tbsp (if needed)
- Preheat the oven at 220C for 10 min.
- Cream together butter, sugar and condensed milk. To this add flour, baking powder and bournvita and mix it well.
- Make it into a dough adding a little milk if needed. Make small balls and place it on a lined baking try.
- Flatten each cookie with a fork to leave an impression.
- Bake for 20-22 min at 190C till the underside of the cookies are a light brown color.
- Let it cool completely and then store it in an airtight container.