These crackers are so light and crisp, you won’t believe that they’re 100% whole grain. With a sprinkling of garlic, they’re perfectly delicious served plain as a snack. Alternatively, serve them with your favorite dip, spread, or cheese for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
These whole wheat crackers are so easy to make and are the perfect snack or addition to your lunch table or cheese board! With a fantastic flavor from the garlic, they have a nice crunch and are relatively healthy because of the whole wheat flour. So make your excuse to give them a go.
I have kept the flavours simple in this recipe, but you can add whatever flavours you fancy. Add some tomato and cheese powder and pizza seasoning and you will have some delicious pizza flavoured crisps to munch on!
Whole Wheat CrackersCourse: SnacksCuisine: UncategorisedDifficulty: Easy
Perfectly crispy, healthy and flavourful whole-wheat crackers!
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Salt – ¼ tsp
Sugar – ½ tbsp
Dried/Fresh Rosemary or Thyme – 1 tsp (optional)
Garlic Powder – ½ tsp
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Water – ¼-½ cup
Olive Oil – for brushing
Dried/Fresh Rosemary or Thyme
Coarse Salt/Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven at 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside/
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, rosemary/thyme and garlic powder. To this add the olive oil and rub it well with your fingers to a bread crumbs like texture. Add water little by little and knead it into a smooth dough. Let it rest for 10 min.
- Roll out the dough thin and cut into desired shapes.
- Line the crackers in a lined baking tray. Using a fork, poke the crackers a couple of times. Brush the crackers with the olive oil and sprinkle some of the herds, salt and pepper on them.
- Bake this at 200C for about 10-12 min till light brown and crispy.
- Let it cool completely and then store it in an airtight container.