Buttery French Apple Cake filled with chunks of apples and baked till perfection is just the perfect treat you can gift yourself. A slice of French apple cake with a cup of tea is heaven.
With chunks of sweet apples nestled in a tender and buttery cake, this French apple cake is the essence of simplicity. This cake has that rich buttery flavour along with vanilla and rum. It is easy to make and everyone is gonna love it. It has such rustic look and makes for a perfect team-time cake.
French Apple CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
If you don’t consider yourself a baker, or if you need an easy recipe to ease you into the world of baking, this is the cake for you.
Flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2, at room temperature
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Castor/Fine Sugar – 2/3 cup
Butter – ½ cup, melted
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Rum – 3 tbsp
Red Apple – 2, peeled, cored and cut into ½-inch cubes
Powdered Sugar – 1-2 tbsp, to sprinkle on top while serving
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Grease and line a 7 or 8-inch cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. To this, add the melted butter along with the vanilla essence and rum and whisk again.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into this gently. Finally fold in the apples.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin. Gently tap the tin to level the cake batter.
- Bake this cake for 45-50 min till the edges turn brown and the top looks done. A skewer inserted should come out clean. Let the cake cool down completely before slicing it.
- Dust with powdered sugar while serving.