A fresh, healthy and absolutely delicious salad recipe. Packed with the goodness of orange, baby spinach and paneer or cottage cheese, this dish of salad is curated in the colours of India’s national flag. The sweet and sour honey-lemon juice dressing is the perfect addition to the salad.
You can get your little ones help you make this salad. They can make the dressing and easily assemble the salad for you. And isn’t it said that the more colors of food you have on your plate, the more nutritious it is! So what better way to let them make their own salad and enjoy eating it too!
Tricolor SaladCourse: SaladCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
With Republic Day coming up, this tricolour salad will definitely add colour to your table.
Paneer – 100 gms, sliced into thin cubes
Lemon Juice – from half lemon
Garlic Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Oil for cooking the paneer
Baby Spinach Leaves – a few, washed and cleaned
Orange – 1, segmented and sliced
- For the dressing
Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
Honey – 1-2 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Salt and Pepper – as per taste
- Mix together the lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and add it to the paneer cubes and toss it well.
- Cook the paneer lightly on a pan with some oil.
- Mix together the lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper for the salad dressing and keep it aside.
- In a serving plate, place the spinach leaves on one side.
- Arrange the paneer pieces next to it and then place the orange slices.
- Drizzle some of the salad dressing on top and serve.