Besan Ladoo, with it’s melt-in-the-mouth texture, is a divine treat that you will love anytime. Also known as besan ke laddu, these are immensely popular across India and made during special occasions like festivals, weddings and celebrations.
Festivals are a time when we spend more time with our family and friends. So it is a great occasion to treat your family and friends with these delicious and aromatic sweets.
Besan LadooCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Besan ladoos are aromatic and delicious traditional North Indian sweet balls made with gram flour, ghee, powdered sugar & cardamoms.
Gram Flour/Besan – 1 cup
Warm Ghee – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (adjust as needed)
Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Add a little ghee to a kadai and once it heats up, add the besan.
- Roast the besan on low to medium heat till its aromatic and changes color.
- It will have a sand like texture at this stage and will feel light.
- Add the remaining ghee little by little and continue cooking till it starts releasing ghee.
- Turn off the heat, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down for 7-10 min.
- Then add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Once it is cool enough to handle by hand, roll it small balls to make these delicious besan laddoos.