Eggless Mawa Cake made with mawa (milk solids), flavored with cardamom, saffron and topped with nuts! This lightly sweetened cake goes so well with a cup of chai!
Buttery, soft, lightly sweetened and bursting with so much flavor, I was instantly hooked to this cake! The addition of mawa, nuts and all those aromatic flavors made me love it at first bite. And I am sure you will fall in love as well.
And just in case you are wanting to make this cake with eggs, then I have you covered for that as well. Here is the recipe for the Mawa Cake with eggs! And trust me, both these versions are absolutely delicious…
Eggless Mawa CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This is a popular cake from Irani/Parsi cafe and bakeries in India.
Butter – 50 gms
Sugar – ½ cup
Mawa – 100 gms, crumbled and at room temperature
Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
All Purpose Flour – ¾ cup
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Buttermilk – 6 tbsp (3 tbsp yoghurt + 3 tbsp water)
Chopped or sliced almonds, pistachios and cashews for topping
- Preheat oven at 175 C.
- Grease and line a 6-inch cake tin and keep it aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar, mawa, cream and vanilla essence together and beat it till everything is well combined.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
- Fold in the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk to the cake batter. Fold well till there are no dry streaks remaining.
- Transfer the cake batter to the prepared tin and top it with the chopped nuts.
- Bake it at 175 C for 50-55 min till the top looks done and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down completely before slicing.