Bread malai roll is a delicious Indian sweet. This desert is the easiest and the quickest way to impress your guests with minimum effort. This is basically a quick version of rasmalai with bread. Just try it once and everyone at your home will absolutely love this rich and creamy dessert.
This malai roll is an Indian sweet where white bread slices are stuffed with a rich and flavorful stuffing and then dunked in a flavourful milk. The bread soaks up all the flavor and becomes super delicious. I would call this a cheat’s version of rasmalai…:)
Bread Malai RollCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Bread Malai Roll – it’s creamy, it’s milky, it’s delicious.
- For the filling
Ghee – 2 tsp
Milk – 6 tbsp
Fresh Cream – 3 tbsp
Milk Powder – ¾ cup
- For the milk syrup
Full Fat Milk – 1 cup
Fresh Cream – ½ cup
Sugar – 3-4 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp
Saffron – a few strands, soaked in a little hot milk
- Other Ingredients
Bread Slices – 8
Chopped Almonds, Pistachios for garnish
- In a kadai, add the ghee, followed by the milk and fresh cream.
- Once this heats up, add the milk powder and whisk well so that there are no lumps.
- Keep mixing till it is smooth and thickens and becomes creamy.
- Keep it aside for cooling.
- In a sauce pan, boil together the milk and cream.
- Once it boils for a couple of minutes, add the sugar and let it cook together till it reduces a little.
- Keep scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron milk and turn off the heat.
- Keep this aside for cooling.
- Remove the edges from the bread slices and roll it thin.
- Cut it into two attach the short sides along the edge and just press it together.
- Spread the filling evenly on this and make it into a tight roll.
- Repeat with all the slices.
- Place the bread slices on the serving plate and pour the soaking milk all over.
- Garnish with the chopped nuts and serve.