Quinoa Patties or Quinoa Cutlets is a simple and quick recipe, packed with vegetables and the goodness of quinoa. These patties make for a great evening snack with a hot cup of tea. You can also serve these as a starter with some ketchup or chutney.
Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods. It contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains and is rich in magnesium. So this is a great way to include this super food in your diet by making something really interesting which will be loved by adults and kids!
Quinoa PattiesCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Crispy Quinoa Patties is a healthy flavoursome patties recipe made using quinoa, fresh vegetables and seasoned using herbs & spices.
Quinoa – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Salt – as per taste
Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
Garlic – 4-5 cloves, finely chopped
Green chilli – 1, finely chopped
Carrot – a small piece, grated
Coriander leaves – a few, finely chopped
Processed cheese – 2 cubes, grated
Hot Sauce – 1 tbsp (can increase for spicier patties)
Honey – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1.5 tsp
Salt as per taste
Bread crumbs – 1/4 cup
Oil/butter/ghee – for pan frying
- Add water, quinoa and salt in a pan and let it come to a boil.
- Cover it and let it cook till the quinoa is cooked through properly.
- In a bowl, mix together onion, garlic, green chilli, carrot, coriander leaves, cheese, hot sauce, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- To this, add the cooked quinoa and the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Shape these into small patties and pan fry them in a little oil.
- Serve with a side of ketchup or mint chutney.