Put down that takeout menu! This Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry is a recipe that truly stacks up to your favourite Chinese takeout. And it’s incredibly quick and EASY to make!
This saucy Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry is a terrific combination of flavours. You’ll love how yum this is, and how you can adapt this to your taste further by using vegetables of choice. This is my go-to recipes when I do not have much time to put together an elaborate meal. It can be served with some plain rice, noodles or fried rice. You can also make it like a starter by skipping the addition of water!
Chicken And Cashew Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: Indo-ChineseDifficulty: Easy
You’ll have this chicken and cashew stir fry on the table faster than ordering home delivery, it’s healthier and it’s versatile so you can add or switch the vegetables as you please.
- For First Marination
Boneless Chicken – 250 gms, cut into thin strips
Baking Soda – ¾ tsp
- For the Sauce
Corn Starch – ½ tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1.5 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Oyster Sauce – 1.5 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
Orange Juice – from ½ an orange
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Brown Sugar – ½ tsp
Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
- Remaining Ingredients
Peanut/Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
Cashews – ½ cup
Garlic Cloves – 2-3, finely chopped
Onion – 1 medium, diced
Bell Pepper – 1, diced (can use a mix of colors)
Water – ½ cup
Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Rub the chicken pieces with the baking soda and keep it aside for 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the corn starch and soy sauce.
- And to it add all the other ingredients for the sauce.
- Mix them well and keep aside.
- Wash the chicken pieces under running water and pat them dry using a paper towel.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add half the prepared sauce to this and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add half the oil and fry the cashews.
- Transfer the cashews onto a plate.
- Add the remaining oil into the same pan and once hot, add the garlic and fry till fragrant.
- To this, add the onion and fry till translucent.
- Next, add the bell pepper to it and saute for a couple of minutes.
- To this, add the chicken and saute it on high flame for another couple of minutes.
- The chicken will cook through quickly.
- Add the remaining sauce and water to this and cook it till the sauce thickens a little and coats the chicken pieces. If you do not prefer to have a gravy, then you can skip the addition of water at this stage.
- Finally, add the fried cashews and turn off the heat.