A simple no onion-no garlic recipe prepared with potatoes, yogurt and other dry spices. An ideal fasting or vrat recipe which can be easily served with roti or chapathi and even with hot steamed rice or with jeera rice.
It can be easily prepared within minutes with the boiled aloo and served for lunch or dinner. Dahi aloo ki sabzi is a common side dish prepared during the fasting season of Navaratri and other festival seasons.
Dahi Aloo SabziCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Dahi Aloo Sabzi – a Navratra special recipe.
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
Ginger – 1/2 inch, chopped fine
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Potatoes – 2 medium, boiled and cubed
Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 cup, whisked
Water – 1/2 cup
Rock salt – as per taste (added 3/4 tsp)
Dry Ginger powder – 1/4 tsp
- In a kadai, add ghee.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add curry leaves and ginger and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Add the red chilli, fennel and garam masala powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes and mix well.
- Add the curd and water along with salt and dry ginger powder and mix well.
- Let it simmer till the gravy thickens a little.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.