Ever have those days where you look in the refrigerator and try to figure out what to make for dinner which is also healthy. This roasted carrot and microgreens soup is the way out.
Soup is a wonderful way to use up ingredients that are not at their freshest, but not ready to be composted either.
This recipe is in collaboration with Kokil from Pods and Shoots. She has an awesome range of microgreens that you can choose along with some other fresh produce too. She delivers across Bangalore as of now.
Roasted Carrot and Microgreens SoupCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
Roasted Carrot and Microgreens Soup is a health packed easy treat for the mind and the body. This absolutely healthy recipe is one of my personal favourites.
Onion – 1, medium size, chopped
Ginger – ½ inch piece, chopped fine
Carrots – 3, medium sized, sliced or chopped thin
Garam Masala Powder – ½-1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt and Pepper – as per taste
Chilli Flakes – ½-1 tsp
Water – to blend to a smooth paste
Mustard Microgreens – ¼ cup
Coconut Milk – 1 cup (adjust as per consistency)
Lemon Juice – from ½ of a lemon (adjust as per taste), optional
Step by Step Process
- In a pan, add some coconut oil.
- To this, add the onions and ginger and saute till it starts changing color.
- To this, add the carrots and saute till carrots are slightly caramelized.
- Add the garam masala powder, cumin powder, salt and pepper and chilli flakes and saute for a couple of seconds.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Add this to a blender jar and puree it to a thick consistency with a little water.
- Add half of the microgreens to this, reserving half for garnish, and puree again.
- Finally, add the coconut milk to adjust to a medium soup consistency.
- Add lemon juice, if needed, as per your taste.
- Garnish with the microgreens and some more coconut milk and serve with a side of toasted bread.