Stir Fry is a Chinese cooking technique in which ingredients are fried in a small amount of very hot oil while being stirred or tossed. This stir fry is a special recipe for it is made using Tempeh cubes and what better than Tempeh stir fry to add more nutrition into your meals.
This is a must try recipe. I am using tempeh cubes from Hello Tempayy to make this delicious Szechuan Fried Rice. It is a single bowl wholesome meal!
Tempayy Stir FryCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
Tempayy Stir Fry is an easy and delicious light meal.
- For the marination
Tempayy Cubes – 200 gms
Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
Salt and Pepper as per taste
- For the sauce
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
Honey – 3 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup – 3 tbsp
- For the stir fry
Oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 5 cloves, sliced thin
Ginger – 1/2-inch piece, chopped fine
Spring Onion Whites – a few, sliced
Green Bell Pepper – 1/2, diced
Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/2, diced
Red Bell Pepper – 1/2, diced
Baby Corn – a few, cut lengthwise
Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tbsp
Roasted Peanuts – 2 tbsp
Spring onion greens – a few, sliced, for garnish
Sesame Seeds – for garnish
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper to the tenmpayy cubes and keep it aside for 10 min. (Skip this step if using Szechuan marinated Tempayy cubes).
- Heat a little oil in a kadai and stir fry these marinated cubes and keep them aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add the remaining oil and fry the ginger and garlic.
- To this, add the spring onion whites and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and baby corn and saute on high flame till half cooked.
- To this add the tempeh cubes and saute.
- Add the sauce and let it coat everything well.
- Add chilli flakes, salt and pepper as per taste and the roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and sesame seeds and serve hot.