Be it the traditional steamed modaks or the different flavoured modaks – this is one sweet which is prepared extensively during Ganesh Chaturthi as modaks and laddoos are known to be Lord Ganesha’s favourite sweets. Instead of having the same type of modak on all days to offer as prasad, it is good to experiment and make different modaks. Chocolate and coconut make for a great pair and making a modak with these flavours is surely going to be a crowd pleaser.
This chocolate and coconut modak has a chocolate flavoured milk-based covering and is filled with sweetened coconut in the center. So it is like a surprise hidden inside the chocolate. It can be made very easily with few ingredients, so do try it out.
If you would like to try out some other modak recipes, then do check these recipes out.
Chocolate And Coconut ModakCourse: SweetsCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
An easy to make and delicious chocolate modaks filled with sweet coconut
- For the modak
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Milk – ½ cup
Milk Powder – 1 cup
Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – About ½ cup
- For the filling
Ghee – 2 tsp
Fresh Grated Coconut – ½ cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
Step by Step Process
- In a pan, boil the ghee and milk together.
- Once ghee melts fully and milk comes to a boil, add the milk powder and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Cook this till the mixture comes together like a ball.
- Take it off heat and transfer it to a bowl. Let it cool down properly.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- While the chocolate mixture is cooling down, prepare the filling.
- Heat a small pan add the ghee in it.
- Next, add the coconut and sugar to it and cook till the sugar melts.
- Take care not to brown the coconut. Take it off heat and keep it aside to cool.
- Once the chocolate mix and the coconut mix for filling are both ready and have cooled down, shape the chocolate mix into modak shapes.
- This can be done using hands or by using the mould.
- Fill it with the coconut mixture and shape it properly.
- The chocolate and coconut modaks are ready!