A little spicy, a little tangy and with a hint of sweetness – this red chilli and coconut chutney is sure to tickle your taste buds. You can pair this with dosas, idlis, akki roti and I am sure you will love it!
Red Chilli And Coconut ChutneysCourse: ChutneyCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
An easy chutney using red chillis and coconut
Byadgi Red Chilli – 4-5, soak in some water for 5 min
Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Roasted Gram Dal – 1 tbsp
Tamarind – a small cherry size piece
Ginger – ½ inch piece5
Jaggery Powder/Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt and Water – as needed
- For Tempering
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Urad Dal – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Dry red Chilli – 1, split into 2-3
- In a mixer jar, add the add the soaked red chilli (without the water), grated coconut, gram dal, tamarind, ginger, jaggery and salt.
- Add the water used to soak the chillies little by little, as needed, to grind the chutney smooth.
- Remove it to a serving bowl.
- In a pan, heat some coconut oil.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chilli and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add this tempering on top of the chutney and serve.
[…] Akki Roti is usually flavoured with chopped dill and coriander leaves. That gives it it’s unique taste. In case you don’t have dill leaves, adding just coriander leaves is fine too. Akki Roti is usually cooked on a tawa with oil or ghee added to it. And it tastes best when served hot with some chutney. […]