A little spicy, a little tangy and with a hint of sweetness – this red chilli and coconut chutney is sure to tickle your taste buds. You can pair this with dosas, idlis, akki roti and I am sure you will love it!
Red Chilli And Coconut ChutneysCourse: ChutneyCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
An easy chutney using red chillis and coconut
Byadgi Red Chilli – 4-5, soak in some water for 5 min
Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Roasted Gram Dal – 1 tbsp
Tamarind – a small cherry size piece
Ginger – ½ inch piece5
Jaggery Powder/Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt and Water – as needed
- For Tempering
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Urad Dal – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Dry red Chilli – 1, split into 2-3
Step by Step Process
- In a mixer jar, add the add the soaked red chilli (without the water), grated coconut, gram dal, tamarind, ginger, jaggery and salt.
- Add the water used to soak the chillies little by little, as needed, to grind the chutney smooth.
- Remove it to a serving bowl.
- In a pan, heat some coconut oil.
- Add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chilli and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add this tempering on top of the chutney and serve.