Cabbage Sambharo is a side dish from the state of Gujarat. It is more or less like a warm salad served with rice or rotis. The only time consuming part while making this dish, I feel, is slicing the cabbage. The cooking process takes less than 10 min as you don’t cook the cabbage fully. It should retain some crunch in it.
If you are look for a side dish that you can prepare quickly and serve with rice, then this should definitely be something you try out.
Cabbage SambharoCourse: SidesCuisine: Indian, GujaratiDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy Gujarati warm salad recipe.
Oil – 2tsp
Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Green Chilli – 2 medium, slit
Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Cabbage – 2 cups, thinly shredded
Lemon Juice – ½-1 tsp
Step by Step Process
- Heat oil in a pan. To this, add the mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and turmeric powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and salt and mix well. Cook this for only about 2 min.
- The cabbage should be cooked only 30-40% and should retain it’s crunch.
- Turn off the heat and finally mix in the lemon juice. Serve this as a warm salad.