Kannur Cocktail is a very famous milkshake served at the Juice Corner in Kannur in North Kerala. If you taste this milkshake, I bet you will not be able to figure out what are the main ingredients used in this are. A glass of this milkshake is quite filling. It isn’t a very difficult drink to prepare and can be certainly made at home.
You should check out the recipe to know which are the two main ingredients in this cocktail. And let me assure you – it tastes nothing like these two ingredients. It is extremely delicious and your entire family will love this. And let them guess what you made it from..;)
Kannur CocktailCourse: DrinksCuisine: Indian, KeralaDifficulty: Easy
A famous milkshake from Juice Corner, Kannur
Carrots – 2 medium size, peeled, chopped and boiled
Ripe Papaya – a small piece, chopped (about ½ cup)
Frozen milk – ½ litre (might not need the entire quantity)
Vanilla Ice Cream – 2 large scoops
Sugar – 2-3 tbsp
Cornflakes – ¼ cup
Cashews – 2 tbsp, chopped
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Pomegranate kernels – 2 tbsp
Step by Step Process
- In a blender, add the boiled carrots and chopped papayas along with half of the frozen milk and blend it well.
- Add more frozen milk (as needed), vanilla ice cream and sugar and blend it again to a thick smoothie like consistency.
- If not serving immediately, keep this refrigerated.
- At the time of serving, add ¾th of the cornflakes, cashews, raisins and pomegranate kernels to the cocktail and mix well.
- Pour into serving glasses and top it up with the remaining cornflakes, cashews, raisins and pomegranate kernels.