The first time I heard someone say this was when my son came up to me and asked me if I could make it. I had seen this type of pasta in restaurant menus, but had never attempted to pronounce it. So the first thing I did when my son told me to make this was to google and hear how this is pronounced and if my son was right in how he said it. Well, he was indeed right..:) When I searched for a couple of recipes, I figured that it was more or less a dry pasta and did not require much cooking time. Now, that was an inspiration to try it out for sure..! So my first attempt at making aglio e olio was a success.
When Parina added this as one of the recipes she wanted to shoot with me for our Jan 2021 series, I was elated. A single-bowl, simple, quick to make and flavourful dish – that is how I would describe this. Parina has loaded her pasta recipe with vegetables and meat, thus making it all the more delicious.
Parina is certified in Personal Training from National Academy of Sports Medicine. With the the motto ‘Give More. Get More’, she designed NEIKI, her fitness program, wherein she strives to reduce injury risk and prepare our bodies to bear the impact they need to. On this excursion, her endeavour is to help people stand upright – physically and mentally.
It is not just recipes that Parina is sharing with us – it is a lot of other information too. Head over to my YouTube channel to see all that we discuss around food and nutrition! Cheers to a balanced and healthy start to 2021..:)
Aglio E Olio PastaCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
An easy single pot meal – delicious and flavourful!
Broccoli – 50 gms, separated into small florets
Beans – 50 gms, sliced
Olive Oil – 8 gms
Bell Pepper – 50 gms, sliced
Chicken – 150 gms, cut into small pieces
Butter – 3 gms
Garlic – 8-10 cloves, sliced
Mushrooms – 50 gms, quartered
Spaghetti Pasta – 100 gms, boiled and drained
Crushed pepper – ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
Chilli Flakes – ½ tbsp
Dried Parsley – ½ tbsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves – ½ cup
Step by Step Process
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add a little salt and add the broccoli and beans to it. Let it cook for 4-5 min. Remove from water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 1 gm of olive oil and add the bell pepper into it. Cook on high flame for a couple of min till the bell pepper pieces have a slight char on them. Remove this from heat and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add another 2-3 gms of olive oil and add the chicken pieces along with some salt and pepper.
- Cook this also on high flame till the chicken pieces are cooked through. Take it off heat and keep it separately.
- Next add the butter to the pan and add a little of the chopped garlic to the butter.
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes and parsley to this and give it a quick stir.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to this and toss it well so that its coated nicely in the garlic and seasonings.
- To this, add the cooked vegetables and chicken and stir well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories290
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 23g 46%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.