There are those in between times of the day when you crave to snack on something. And that’s when, atleast for me, all my resolution of not eating junk gets thrown out of the window. At such times, it helps to have some dips handy which you can pair with vegetable sticks and satisfy your cravings. Parina (from Neiki.in) uses such dips when she has a get together and dinner is getting late. Instead of eating some junk, she prefers this yoghurt with some carrot and cucumber sticks to keep her going till dinner is served.
Parina is certified in Personal Training from National Academy of Sports Medicine. With the the motto ‘Give More. Get More’, she designed NEIKI, her fitness program, wherein she strives to reduce injury risk and prepare our bodies to bear the impact they need to. On this excursion, her endeavour is to help people stand upright – physically and mentally.
It is not just recipes that Parina is sharing with us – it is a lot of other information too. Head over to my YouTube channel to see all that we discuss around food and nutrition! Cheers to a balanced and healthy start to 2021..:)
Yoghurt DipCourse: StartersDifficulty: Very Easy
An easy to make dip, which is perfect with some vegetable sticks!
Low fat curd – 250 gms
Capsicum – 1/3 piece, finely chopped
Onion – 1/2, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 2, finely chopped
Salt – as per taste
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – a few, chopped, for garnish
Step by Step Process
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth for an hour till the water drains out and you have a thick paste left.
- Add the finely chopped capsicum, onion and green chilli to the curd.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with cucumber and carrot sticks.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories83
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 12g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.