Fish fingers is a widely liked dish by kids and adults alike. But if you are following a keto diet, and wish to eat this, there has to be some changes made to the coating used for making fish fingers to make it keto friendly. Its great as an intermediate snack or as a party starter. Though I have deep fried these fish fingers, they taste great if you bake them or air fry them too.
If you are looking for more Keto specific easy to make recipes, do check this out.
Keto Fish FingersCourse: StarterDifficulty: Easy
Try out this recipe for making easy fish fingers at home!
Basa Fillet (or any white fish fillet) – 250 gms
Egg – 1
Almond / Coconut Flour – 1/3 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
Onion Powder – 1/2 tsp
Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Zest – 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Step by Step Process
- Clean and cut the fish into long finger like pieces.
- In a bowl, beat the egg lightly.
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Dip each fish finger into the egg first and then into the dry mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish fingers till golden brown.
- If you prefer to bake these fish fingers, preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place the fish fingers in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush them with some melted butter and bake in the oven at 180 C for 20 – 25 min till golden brown. Keep turning in between to make sure they are evenly baked.
- Frying, Baking or Air Frying: You can either fry these fish fingers as I have shown in the video or you can bake/air fry them for a healthier option.
- Non Keto Recipe: If you want to make this recipe as a non keto one, then replace the almond/coconut flour with regular all purpose flour. Rest of the process remains the same.