As the name suggests, Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup has everything that will tickle your taste buds. Being a keto recipe, it is high on fat content and hence keeps you full for a long time. A keto recipe that will for sure come handy for all the mates following this diet. It requires only a handful of ingredients which are easily available and substituted. This is a personal favorite and will surely going to become yours too. With winter approaching, there are definitely more than one reasons to try this delicious soup.
If you are looking for more easy to make recipes under the Keto diet, do check out my other Keto recipes too!
Few things to keep in mind
- Water/Vegetable Stock: If you have vegetable stock available, then please go ahead and use that in the recipe. If not, then water can be used. You can check this recipe for the process of making vegetable stock.
- Cream: If you are following a keto diet strictly, then use heavy cream with a fat content of 35-40%. I have made this with 25% fat content fresh cream and it has come out well.
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves, chopped
- Onion – 1 small, chopped
- Broccoli – 300 gms
- Water/Vegetable Stock – 1/2-3/4 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cream – 1 cup
- Cheddar Cheese – 50 gms, grated
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Chilli Flakes for seasoning
Step by Step Process
- Separate the florets of the broccoli and keep it aside. Chop the stem into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat the butter and add the garlic. Fry till fragrant.
- Next add the onion and fry till it starts changing color.
- Add the chopped broccoli stem pieces and water/vegetable stock and cover and cook for 5-7 min till the broccoli is cooked through.
- Add salt and season as per taste.
- Once the broccoli pieces are cooked through, turn off the heat and let it cool. Once it cools, puree the broccoli mix.
- In a pan, heat the rest of the butter and toss in the broccoli florets. Let them cook till they have a nice char. They can be covered and cooked for 5 min so that its cooked through.
- Into the broccoli florets, add the puree made earlier.
- Add the cream and cheddar cheese and let it all come to a boil. If needed, some more water/vegetable stock can be added to thin out the soup.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes as needed.
- Cook till the cheese is all melted.
- Turn off heat and serve hot!