Many of our Indian recipes and ingredients can be easily adapted to a Keto version. Paneer or Cottage Cheese is a great addition to your meals if you are on a Keto diet. You can either make paneer at home or use the store bought one. This Keto Paneer Burji can be made in less than 10 min. So then what are you waiting for?? How about trying it out…:)
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Ms. Teresa George, who is a the regional head of nutrition at HealthifyMe.
Few things to keep in mind
- Paneer: I have used a block of store bought paneer for this recipe. Usually store bought paneer is not as soft as when we make at home. However, since this recipe requires the paneer to be grated, even store bought one works well.
- Spice levels: I have used green chillies to add spiciness to this dish. You can increase the quantity of the same as per your taste.
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger – ½ inch piece, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 or 2 medium, finely chopped (adjust as per taste)
- Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Paneer – 400 gms, grated or crumbled
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – as per taste
- Grated Cheese – one or two processed cheese cubes (or 50 gms of mozzarella cheese)
- Coriander Leaves – a handful, chopped
Step by Step Process
- In a pan, heat the butter. Add the cumin seeds.
- Then add the garlic and ginger and fry till fragrant.
- Fry the onions in this till translucent and starts changing colors.
- Add the green chillies also along with the onions. Next, add the tomato and fry till cooked well.
- Add the spices and let it all cook well till the spices no longer have the raw taste.
- To this, add the paneer and season with some salt and pepper and toss it well so that the masala and paneer blend together and cook.
- If you are adding cheese, take care of the amount of salt added initially.
- Finally, garnish with some cheese and coriander leaves and serve hot.