You must be wondering why this name for a recipe..:) Well, I just thought of naming this drink after the Bloody Mary drink since tomato is a common ingredient…:D But this has beetroot along with the tomato which gives it the lovely color, hence Bloody Beet Shots! This is a diabetic friendly recipe and has no added sugar. However, beetroots have natural sugar in them and hence are not recommended in large quantities for diabetic patients. And that is the reason why I am serving these as shots!!!
- Tomato – 1 medium size or 6-7 baby tomatoes
- Beetroots – 1 medium size
- Lime Juice – as per taste
- Pepper Powder – as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
- Juice from a small piece of ginger
- Mint Leaves – a few
Step by Step Process
- In a blender jar, add the tomatoes and beetroots along with the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- Add water if needed to adjust the consistency.
- Drink it as a small shot, without straining, so that the fiber is not lost.