Who doesn’t love cookies, especially the ones that are soft, gooey, and filled with delicious chocolate chips? If you’re a fan of sweet treats, you’re in for a treat with chewy chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are a delightful combination of buttery goodness and chocolatey perfection. Chocolate chip cookies are a classic baked treat loved by people of all ages. They’re made from a simple mix of ingredients that come together to create a sweet and satisfying snack.
What sets these chewy chocolate chip cookies apart from other types of cookies is their texture. These cookies are wonderfully chewy. That means when you take a bite, they’re soft and slightly gooey on the inside while having a crisp edge on the outside. This perfect balance of textures is what makes them so enjoyable to eat. They are baked just till done to get this texture. However, if you love crunchy cookies, you can bake them for another couple of minutes and by the time they cool down, they will have a nice crunchy texture!
While classic chewy chocolate chip cookies are wonderful on their own, there are countless variations and additions you can explore. You can add nuts such as walnuts or pecans, for extra crunch and flavor. You can even experiment with different types of chocolates like dark chocolate or white chocolate chip. Go ahead and replace some part of the all-purpose flour with cocoa powder and you have a double chocolate chip cookie ready!
Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Chewy, delicious cookies which you won’t be able to resist!
Melted Butter – 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
Castor Sugar – 1/2 cup
Egg – 1
Egg Yolk – 1
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour – 1+1/4 cup
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 3 tbsp
Chocolate Chips – 1 tbsp, for topping
- Cream together melted butter, brown sugar and castor sugar till smooth and well combined. To this, add eggs, vanilla essence and whisk well again.
- Mix together the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt and add to the cookie batter and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and bring it together into a dough.
- Scoop small portions onto a lined baking tray, top each cookie with a few chocolate chips and refrigerate this for atleast an hour.
- Bake the cookies at 180C in a preheated oven for 10-12 min till the edges look done and the middle is slightly soft. (For crunchy cookie texture, you can bake these cookies for another 2-3 minutes till the middle also looks done)
- Let it cool down completely before storing in a airtight container.