Strawberries and Chocolate are a match made in heaven. Usually we find dark chocolate being paired with strawberries, but I was amazed at how well white chocolate and strawberries complement each other. The slight tartness of strawberries cuts the sweetness of the white chocolate beautifully.
This white chocolate and strawberry parfait is a really easy dessert you can put together when strawberries are in season. Instead of compound chocolate, I have made this using Milky Bar. This dessert can be put together in under Rs.250/- and is a good option if you want to make something at the last moment with readily available ingredients for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day.
You can make this dessert using compound white chocolate too. Or even do one using dark chocolate. The strawberry compote can also be replaced with any other berry compote.
White Chocolate and Strawberry ParfaitCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A really easy dessert made with readily available ingredients.
White Chocolate – 120 gms
Milk – 2 tbsp
Hung Curd / Yoghurt – 100 gms
Strawberry – 8-10, chopped
Sugar – 1 tbsp (adjust as needed)
Strawberries for garnish
- For the strawberry compote, into a pan, add the strawberry pieces and sugar and let it cook together till the strawberries are soft and cooked through and the mixture it thick. Turn off the heat and keep it aside to cool down.
- On a double boiler or in a microwave, melt the white chocolate and once it is melted, remove from heat and add the milk to it and mix well.
- Let it cool down and little and then add the yoghurt or hung curd and mix well.
- Into your serving glass or bowl, add the white chocolate mix at the bottom. Add a generous amount of the strawberry compote on top.
- You can add one more layer of the white chocolate on top and then garnish with some sliced strawberry.
- Or just add a dollop of the white chocolate on top of the compote to show a little bit of red as well as white on top. Refrigerate the parfait and serve it cold.