If you search for cheesecake recipes, you will find so many different options. You can broadly classify them as the baked and the no-bake cheesecakes. And in the no-bake cheesecakes too, you will find different options on how you can set the cheesecake. Some recipes use gelatin, some use agar agar and some use chocolate. No bake cheesecakes are usually easier to make and have a creamier texture compared to the baked ones. If I am making a no-bake cheesecake, then my most preferred option is to make it using chocolate, which helps in setting it.
This Oreo Cheesecake recipe is loved by all in the family – including my hubby who doesn’t prefer anything chocolatey. The oreo cookies give a lovely flavour and crunch to the cheesecake and the white chocolate totally complements it. The base for this cheesecake recipe is make from crushed oreos and I definitely add some cookies into the cheesecake layer too.
This Oreo Cheesecake comes together pretty easily and quickly. So you can make it ahead in time and leave it in the refrigerator to set well before you slice into it. This recipe is for a small 4-inch size cheesecake, set in a mousse ring on the serving plate itself. You can double or triple the recipe and set it in an 8-inch or 10-inch springform tin too.
Oreo CheesecakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A no bake cheesecake with the flavours of oreo cookies!
- **For Base
Oreo Cookies – 6-7
Melted Butter – 1-1.5 tbsp
- **For Filling
Cream Cheese – 180 gms, soft at room temperature
White Compound Chocolate – 60 gms, melted
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Oreo Cookies – 2-3
- **For decorating
Mini Oreo cookies
- Grease the inside of a 4-inch mousse ring with some oil and line it with parchment paper. Place it in the centre of your serving plate. If you grease it with butter, it will harden when refrigerated and then will become difficult to unmould.
- Remove the cream and cookie of the oreo cookies into two separate bowls.
- Break the cookies into a few pieces and add it to the mixie jar and powder it. Transfer it to a bowl and add the melted butter to it and mix well. Press this mix into the prepared mousse ring evenly at the bottom. Keep this in the refrigerator to set.
- Into a bowl, add the cream cheese and whisk it till soft and light. To this, add the cream of the oreo cookies, the melted white chocolate and vanilla essence and whisk again. Make sure the chocolate is not hot when adding to the cream cheese.
- Break 2-3 oreo cookies into small pieces and add it to the cream cheese mix. Transfer this to the top of the cookie base in the mousse ring.
- You can pipe any remaining mix at the top and decorate it with some mini oreo cookies or pieces of regular oreo cookies.
- Alternatively, you can decorate it with some whipped cream and oreo cookies too after you unmould the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours till it sets well.
- To unmould, run a knife between the parchment paper and mousse ring to loosen and remove the ring first. Peel off the parchment paper, decorate as desired and serve the Oreo Cheesecake.