A hot bowl of soup is always welcome during the winter time or when you are feeling a little under the weather. And when your soup is a one pot flavourful meal option, then how can you say no to it?
This Chicken Noodle Soup contains chicken, vegetables and noodles – making it a full meal. It is packed with flavours and is very easy to put together as well. You do not have to spend long hours trying to make this soup. Everything goes one after the other in your cooking pot and it all gets cooked together. Since pasta also gets cooked in the soup, it adds some starch content also into this.
This soup can be made in large quantities and refrigerated and then re-heated. It is a good option for a weekday dinner for the family. You can always serve it with some toasted bread slices too.
Chicken Noodle SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Easy
A wholesome one-pot meal option for the entire family!
Butter – 2 tbsp
Chicken – 200 gms, cut into a few pieces
Onion – 1, chopped
Carrot – 1, chopped
Celery – 1 chopped (optional)
Bay leaf – 1
Thyme – 1 tsp
Chicken Broth – 2 cups
Salt and Pepper – as per taste
Noodles/Pasta – 50 gms
- In a big pot, add butter. Once it melts, add the chicken and let it brown on both sides.
- To this, add onion, carrot and celery till onion is translucent. Add the bay leaf and thyme and chicken broth to this.
- Let it all boil together till chicken is cooked through.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the broth, along with the bay leaf.
- Add the noodles or pasta to this and cook it covered till the noodles is cooked to al dente.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken using fork or fingers into bite size pieces. Add the chicken back to the soup and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Let it all boil together for another couple of minutes and turn off the heat.