Chicken Lettuce Wraps – flavoured with garlic, ginger and onion and a tinge of sugar/jaggery, this flavourful Indian take on the classic chicken lettuce wrap recipe will have you clamoring for seconds. The best part is you can make this for dinner in under 20 minutes.
The freshness and crunchiness from the lettuce so beautifully compliments the flavours from the chicken mince. You can always pre-prepare the minced chicken for this recipe and keep it handy. This makes for a great starter too at any party.
This recipe is my take on the famous Chicken Lettuce Wraps served at the PF Chang’s. You can make this at home with readily available ingredients.
Chicken Lettuce WrapsCourse: MainCuisine: AsianDifficulty: Easy
A great party starter – Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
Oil – 2-3 tsp
Minced Chicken – 500 gms
Salt as per taste
Garlic – 3-4 cloves, finely chopped
Ginger – 1-inch piece, finely chopped
Onion – 1 medium size, finely chopped
Spring onions – a few, chopped
Vinegar – 1.5-2 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 1.5-2 tbsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
Schezwan Sauce – 2 tbsp
Sugar/Jaggery – 1-1/5 tsp
Pepper Powder – ½-1 tsp
Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Roasted Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- In a pan, heat some oil and add the minced chicken along with some salt.
- Saute the chicken till all the released water has evaporated and the mince starts browning. At this stage, add the garlic, ginger and onion and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- To this, add the spring onions, vinegar, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, schezwan sauce and sugar and mix well.
- Finally add the pepper powder, chilli flakes and roasted peanuts and give it a quick mix. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- To serve, place of the prepared mince on a lettuce leaf and top it with up with some peanuts and spring onion greens.