Kesar Badam Milk is a popular traditional Indian Ayurvedic drink made using almonds, milk, and sugar. Saffron is added to it for additional flavor as well as color. Make this healthy, protein-packed beverage to energize your body, mind, and soul.
The best part about this flavoured milk is that it tastes equally good as a hot or cold beverage, making this perfect for any season. It is also a great way to include the benefits of almonds into your kids’ daily meal plan.
Kesar Badam MilkCourse: DrinksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A perfect Indian beverage for any season!
Almonds – 15-20 (about 25 gms)
Milk – 2 cups
Saffron – a few strands
Sugar – 1.5-2 tbsp
- Soak the almonds in water for a couple of hours and then remove the skin.
- Grind the almonds with a little milk into a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk into a saucepan.
- Add the saffron strands to this and let the milk boil for 8-10 min.
- Keep stirring to avoid the milk sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sugar and the almond paste to this and boil for another 8-10 min.
- Take off the heat and serve hot during winters.
- During summer, you can chill the badam milk and serve it cold.