Easy apple chutney – sweet and tangy with a gentle kick of warm spices. Serve this Indian style chutney as a side dish or just spread on your crispy toast, paratha (Indian flatbread), or crackers. It’s vegan and gluten-free.
It’s a simple, and tasty recipe. If you are looking for ideas to use your extra apples, try this apple chutney. You can make it with any variety of apples. Generally, the tangy ones are the best for apple chutney as they balance the sweetness of sugar and raisins. However, you can use whatever is available to you.
Apple ChutneyCourse: SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A sweet and tangy Apple Chutney recipe!
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
Ginger – ½ inch piece, grated or finely chopped
Red Apples – 2, medium size, peeled and chopped into small pieces
Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
Cinnamon Powder – ¼ tsp
Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp (adjust as per taste)
Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
Apple Cider/White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Sugar – ½ tsp (adjust as per taste)
Water – 2 tbsp (adjust as per consistency needed)
- In a pan, add the oil and once it heats up, add the mustard seeds.
- Once it crackles, add the apples along with the garam masala powder, cinnamon powder, pepper powder and salt.
- Mix it well and cook it covered till apples are soft.
- To this, add the chilli flakes, vinegar, sugar and water and cook till a thick chutney like consistency is reached.
- Serve it parathas, bread or as a dip.